Wednesday, October 29, 2014

DEAD STARS

RISING FROM MY "DEAD STAR" MOMENT


           Everything started around academic year 2010-2011, when I was in second year high school. During that time, football was still not that popular in the Philippines; until our national football team, commonly known as the Azkals, defeated the defending champions of the tournament, the AFF Suzuki Cup, Vietnam. After the win by the nationals, lots of news exploded regarding their historical win as tournament’s underdog. This moment made me change my mind to try football. I left badminton and did everything to be fit for that game.

            Football in my school, Claret, is one of the major sports that all the students are good with, aside from basketball and volleyball. The feeling was great; I got the chance to train with the school’s varsity team every other day. I am always pumped up when the topic is about football because it made me dream to be a professional football player someday.

            However, giving more of my time to football led me to forget about my academics. I became lazy with school works except, when it comes to the sport I love. With my priorities being juggled, I decided to follow my parents’ advice to focus first on my studies since I knew that they know what is best for me. I stopped attending the training sessions and then I realized that I am not for football. I discovered that, the sport that I loved has been upgraded from a dream of being a professional football player to a dream of being a professional or lawyer someday.

            Furthermore, until now, I can still see the dream of becoming a famous player from a far but in reality, I knew in myself that I cannot achieve it anymore since my heart goes for another that I think is the best for me. Even though I experienced this, I will never stop dreaming high!

No comments:

Post a Comment